- a serving of wholegrains,
- a serving of fruit and
- a serving of low fat dairy.
- Wholegrain oats, low fat milk, mixed berries
- 250g tub of natural yoghurt with chopped fruit, slice of wholemeal toast with avocado
½ cup wholegrain rolled oats
1¼ cups boiling water
¼-½ cup light milk
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon stevia (natural plant sugar substitute)
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ cup blueberries
¼ cup raspberries
1. In a nonstick saucepan, add oats and cook over medium heat for about 2 minutes to toast. Stir often. Add boiling water and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer on low for 5 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Stir in ¼ cup soy milk, vanilla and continue to simmer for about 3 minutes, until desired consistency. Add more milk, if desired.
2. Stir in stevia and cinnamon.
3. Spoon into serving bowl and top with berries
Makes 1 serving