So! Get yourself some Kylie Minogue style gold hotpants - hang them where they'll remind you why you're doing this and not eating a family sized block of Top Deck chocolate (mmm...tempting) and here's the strategy (Jaimie Baird of Rx Fitness pictured below):
|Smith Machine Press|
- Place a level bench underneath the Smith Machine
- Put a LIGHT load on the bar (Jaimie uses a 20kg plate either side to begin)
- Lie on the bench with hips DIRECTLY below the bar
- Brace your abdominals and do NOT arch your back!
- Place the arches of your feet against the bar
- Release the bar and control it on the downward movement and again on the upward
- Do not lift your glutes off the bench - this will guide your range of movement
IF YOU ARE NOT 100% CONFIDENT IN DOING THIS RIGHT, ASK A TRAINER TO SUPERVISE!