Wednesday 11 February 2015

#ClearSkin – Exit hyperpigmentation, dullness, scars and spots

When I was in my early teens, I had terrible acne and went through two rounds of Roaccutane to clear it up. It meant dry eyes, peeling skin, sensitivity and regular blood tests.
Thankfully, my skin has been clear bar the occasional spot since then. I am very, very fussy about looking after it though. That doesn’t mean using the most expensive products or going through any long, complex rituals. It just means I pay attention to whether products actually work and if I end up with spots or redness, or if they leave my skin greasy or peeling, it’s over!
I am a big fan of several skincare brands that really work for my skin. They have targeted products that are used in salons and recommended by dermatologists.
I don’t do facials – as much as I’d love to, I don’t have the money for it and I’m so fussy about the products I use that I can’t imagine anyone doing a better job than me at cleaning and massaging my skin!
I do splash out on laser/IPL/microdermabrasion a couple of times a year. This is how I’d much prefer to spend my money. These are intensive treatments that have a lasting effect on clearing spots, evening skin tone and in my case, blasting tiny broken capillaries around the nose and chin. I’ve got  very pale skin so I find it really noticeable if I have any redness. Microdermabrasion also eradicates blackheads – it is the only treatment where I can go concealer and makeup free for days afterwards feeling my skin is flawless!
If clear, even skin is your 2015 resolution then here’s my recommendations.
Dermalogica PowerBright is designed to reduce and resolve hyperpigmentation. This is uneven skin colour that is very common in women. It’s the result of hormones, scars, spots, prolonged sun exposure and is very common during/after pregnancy.

While my uneven skin tone is very minor, I actually love the PowerBright range because of it’s high dose of vitamin C. It’s healing and restorative after I’ve had laser and microdermabrasion. I also find that the ingredients designed to treat hyperpigmentation also fix up a few pimples within days. It does take about 3 weeks’ to see the full effect so stick with the products daily for that time.

Elemis Resurfacing Mask + Rosepetal Cleanser: Elemis is a luxury skincare brand from the UK that
is used in beauty salons and resorts internationally. I love the Rosepetal Cleanser because it smells heavenly and it’s really gentle on the skin. Using harsh, drying cleansers might make you feel squeaky clean but they actually strip your skin of natural oils and can make it really sensitive and inflamed.

The Resurfacing Mask is my once-a-week treat. I leave it on while I have my breakfast and review my daily duties. I’ve definitely noticed my skin is brighter and softer straight after using it.

As for not doing facials? Well...I AM looking at an Elemis facial because they are the ultimate. I'll let you know if I do it!

3 comments:

  1. For pigmentation my favourite product that really gives you a great result is Environ AVST Moisturiser combined with the C-Boost. I have the worst pigmentation ever and from using the Environ products for only a couple of months I know longer feel that I need to hide behind make up. I highly recommend them to anyone concerned with uneven skin tone and dirty brown marks.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...