- Brushology Detangling Comb
- Black Mini Scrunchies
- Bobby Pins in Travel Case
Friday, 3 July 2015
Hair Makeover - Ombre, Colour Investment Advice and Photos!
From dark brown with a bit of copper through the ends, I went ombre – or lighter at the ends with balayage technique. Because red is like a clingy boyfriend you just CAN’T GET RID OF, it took two appointments to tone up the light ends and get rid of the redness. Because hair appointments aren’t cheap and there’s so many options, I want to drill down to some haircare basics that will see your colour last and hopefully you can also see a big improvement in strength and softness.
Olaplex: I had this treatment in-salon and also have the at-home conditioning treatment. It is a new system designed to protect colour, strengthen strands that have been highly processed, and create softness and shine. I definitely notice my hair feels softer and easier to style after I’ve used it. It’s early days still!
2. Protein, silica and vitamins: Your hair is made up
3. Colour and damaged hair specific products: Depending on the shade of your hair, you may need a blue or red-based toner to maintain the colour. I use the L’Oreal Vitamino range of shampoo, conditioner and also a new CC cream. Yes, CC cream for the hair! It is Color Corrector which means it ensures the integrity of your colour – no brassiness creeps in. Especially necessary if you are a swimming pool user...chlorine is NOT your friend. The range is available in salons, online or at Hairhouse Warehouse
4. Non-damaging styling products: Remember the scrunchie? I learned how to sew them and use to pump out neon coloured scrunchies while watching Beverly Hills 90210. The following are absolutely mandatory for being gentle on fragile, post-colour hair.
I don't know about you, but I am a total sucker for cookbooks. Sure, blogs and websites and instagram are all awesome inspiration and I...
In the 1970s, as a teenager, Denise Payne was introduced to Kundalini Yoga by her teacher Sat Jiwan Singh. It became more than “a life...
Good question. Short answer is: yes. There are mitigating factors though, of course! If you are in pain or your workout of choice is c...
Every year at around this time, beauty and fitness experts make their predictions for what will be trending in the next 12 months. I won...