- Brushology Detangling Comb
- Black Mini Scrunchies
- Bobby Pins in Travel Case
Friday, 3 July 2015
Hair Makeover - Ombre, Colour Investment Advice and Photos!
From dark brown with a bit of copper through the ends, I went ombre – or lighter at the ends with balayage technique. Because red is like a clingy boyfriend you just CAN’T GET RID OF, it took two appointments to tone up the light ends and get rid of the redness. Because hair appointments aren’t cheap and there’s so many options, I want to drill down to some haircare basics that will see your colour last and hopefully you can also see a big improvement in strength and softness.
Olaplex: I had this treatment in-salon and also have the at-home conditioning treatment. It is a new system designed to protect colour, strengthen strands that have been highly processed, and create softness and shine. I definitely notice my hair feels softer and easier to style after I’ve used it. It’s early days still!
2. Protein, silica and vitamins: Your hair is made up
3. Colour and damaged hair specific products: Depending on the shade of your hair, you may need a blue or red-based toner to maintain the colour. I use the L’Oreal Vitamino range of shampoo, conditioner and also a new CC cream. Yes, CC cream for the hair! It is Color Corrector which means it ensures the integrity of your colour – no brassiness creeps in. Especially necessary if you are a swimming pool user...chlorine is NOT your friend. The range is available in salons, online or at Hairhouse Warehouse
4. Non-damaging styling products: Remember the scrunchie? I learned how to sew them and use to pump out neon coloured scrunchies while watching Beverly Hills 90210. The following are absolutely mandatory for being gentle on fragile, post-colour hair.
Sound too good to be true? There's no single pill you can take and carry on living exactly as you are if you want to tick the three bo...
Just like drinking milk from the carton or wearing your pyjama pants to the supermarket, dandruff is one of those things we just don’t l...
I know many of you get pain through the wrists during yoga, pilates, balance, core and TRX or circuit training. I've done my research an...
I occasionally still have an episode of binge eating when the perfect storm of situation, emotions, tiredness and opportunity come togethe...