Sunday 11 May 2014

Ombre Oh Yeah!

Few of you have seen my hair OUT of a topknot! I've mastered the two second flip-it-up and pin-it-there. It keeps it out of my eyes, away from that workout "glow" and, like Dolly Parton once said, The Higher The Hair, The Closer To God.
Perhaps it just adds a little bit of height. Anyway! I have really dark hair but I get bored if I leave it all one shade, so the last 3 inches are lightened. I have just dyed them a very dark blond. If you want to achieve the ombre look too, take some inspiration from these celebrities and either trek off to the hairdresser, images in hand, OR get a friend to help you do it at home. L'Oreal have just launched the Wild Ombre range with the gloves, lightening treatment and brush you'll need all in the one kit. I recommend getting someone else to apply to ensure it is all even and thoroughly applied through the back. My shade is Wild Ombre 102: Very Dark Hair.
Since I am such a fan of the topknot, here's a step-by-step guide to the braided topknot care of the girls at Treasures and Travels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...