Here goes my advice.
- Excellent that you are cutting down on coffee! Me too. It gets easier. Your appetite doesn't suddenly go up and down like a rollercoaster after a few weeks.
- Stay hydrated. If water isn't fun enough - grate some ginger, pour boiled water over and leave to cool...add to water bottle. Easy! Or, try cucumber, lemon, lime...
- Omega 3 fatty acid supplements have been shown to reduce carb cravings - if you don't want to take capsules (fish oil/flaxseed oil), make sure you're adding avocado to your lunch, eat a handful of raw walnuts mid-afternoon and NOT the salted kind!
- In Safeway, I have spotted snack-sized bags of roasted chickpeas. Low calories, healthy and YUM. Did I say yum? Seriously. Get on that train.
- Don't buy the chips. Just don't. Avoid that whole grocery aisle if you need to. Do not fall for the ridiculous protein bar thing - high calories, disgusting flavours that mimic chocolate - be adventurous! Wasabi peas? I once added wasabi paste to a vodka shot. That'll clear your sinuses super fast. Anyway...