Friday 22 March 2013

Piercing Not A Plaything!

Sam and assistant at Hairhouse Warehouse
Piercing has become so ubiquitous it's almost astonishing NOT to see someone with a ring or stud. I still remember having to plead my case for pierced ears at the age of 12. Anyway. This is important - if not for you, then for your friend or child or partner who is considering getting a piercing.
I went to Hairhouse Warehouse because I'd done my research. Every tool and item of jewellery is sterilised using a high power autoclave system. They have won several awards for body piercing and their pricing is really good.
Two ear piercings
I went to Northland Hairhouse Warehouse and Sam did my piercing. He was funny, friendly and explained the whole procedure and hygiene/safety processes. Though it did hurt (well, there's needles involved!), the pain subsided quickly afterwards and I was given thorough aftercare instructions (antibacterial wash and spray twice a day, no bumping or agitating the area).
Why is this timely and important? Because it's essential not to end up with an infection or worse as a result of poor hygienic standards or training. ASK QUESTIONS!
Big thanks to Sam - love your work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, comment!

Melbourne Lockdown 2.0 - what it's like and what it means

 Are lockdowns working? It undoubtedly works to reduce infections and yet, the impact on mental health right now and into the future is bein...