|Banana post workout|
The meal or snack should provide 1-1.2g of carbohydrate per kg of body weight.
The table below includes meals or snacks that provide 50g of carbohydrate.
Carbohydrates are NOT your enemy! They are the fuel your muscle and brain relies on to function.
Carbohydrate-rich recovery snacks (50g carbohydrate)
• 2 slices toast/bread with avocado or banana topping
• 2 cereal bars (preferably homemade, recipe below)
• 2 large bananas
• 1 cup thick vegetable soup and large bread roll
• 1 large fruit bun or scone
|Fruit bun post workout|
If your goal is weight loss, you can still aim to refuel glycogen stores before your next session. However, it’s important that the post-workout meal is considered as part of your overall energy budget. You may wish to plan for one of your main meals or snacks to be consumed straight after your workout. This meal should provide a nutritious carbohydrate source along with other nutrients such as protein, vitamins and minerals.
|Nutritious Cereal Bars|
1) Preheat oven to 170C (335F). spread the oats and nuts on a cookie sheet and warm in the oven for 8-10 mins...until slightly toasted. reduce temperature to 160C (325F). Coat a 8*11 inch pan or 9* 9 inch pan with aluminum foil.Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2) Beat the egg.Mix oil, sugar and all of the above ingredients, stir well.
3) Press the mixture in the coated pan.
4) Bake at 160C (325F) for 15- 20 mins ....till slightly golden brown.
5)Let them cool and then cut onto bars with a oiled sharp knife
6) Store in airtight container.Makes 12 bars.