Dean has shed 15kg but most importantly, he has educated himself on the healthiest ways to cook and prepare food, exercise in a way that doesn't feel like a chore, and have the energy for work, life and setting up his new home. I want to thank him for providing his tips and this photo.
- Eating healthy breakfast every day - For me cereal and yoghurt with fruit
- Ensuring I bring lunch to work every day
- Eating smaller portions - less meat & carbs, more fruit and vegies.
- Playing basketball twice a week
- Joined a gym - mostly focused on bike and cross trainer (lower impact - less chance of injuries) and weights - low weights and high intensity, ensuring heart rate is up while doing weights.
- Once I had increased fitness base and lost weight, I have started running, building up to a 10 K fun-run this coming Sunday. Started running about 6 weeks ago with a 4 km run, and am increasing the distance with one run over the weekend, while doing a shorter high intensity run (3-5km) once during the week.