Lastly, a healthy body and a body that is working to process nutrients, fight inflammation and infection, battle everyday environmental stress and enable great sleep and circulation is going to increase your ability to deal with psychological and emotional anxiety.
Here's what to do.
- Eat moderately. Eat what you like, but also consider that you need a balance of healthy fats (avocado, salmon, walnuts, seeds, sardines), protein (lean meat, tofu, soy, fish) and carbohydrates (fruit, vegetables, wholegrain oats, breads, brown rice, gummy bears).
- Eat slowly and chew thoroughly. This not only allows you to break down your food more thoroughly so that it can pass through the digestive system easily, but it also tells your brain that you are satisfying your appetite and gives you time to enjoy your food.
- Wait half an hour to an hour prior and before eating to gulp water, tea or coffee. It interferes with digestion and the absorption of vitamins and minerals from your food.
- Take a probiotic capsule daily. I prefer Naturopathica GastroHealth.
|Yoga Twist for Digestion|
- Use a sunscreen. If you exercise outdoors, a hat and sunscreen are non-negotiable if you want beautiful skin. It will also protect you from the majority of skin cancers.
- Cleanse with gentle, targeted products. There are so many cruelty free, natural and gentle products on the market. I love Sanctum Organics - you'll find the details in the previous blog post!
- Avoid touching your face too much. Your fingers will distribute oil and dirt so if you can avoid resting your chin in your palms, do.
|Downward Dog for Great Skin|