So here's how you can...
Vamp It Up:
- Exfoliate the lips (a high-voltage lip colour on flaky lips? Ew) using a gentle toothbrush and apply lip liner (I like a paler colour to enhance my natural lip line...Dior Abricot is ideal)
- Apply the dark lip colour of your choice (loving Manic Panic Black Rose...no wonder this brand is a cult favourite!)
- Pad with a tissue and re-apply. This is for staying power!
- Go with a cat's eye if you dare - liquid eyeliner is your friend, but avoid blusher and bronzer - your lips are statement enough!
- Add dark nails if you're going for the full dark angel look, or opt for a flattering but less vampish statement with a cool, taupey metallic like Dior Destin (yes, loving it.)
1. Dior Lipstick in 5th Avenue (available here)
2. Illamasqua Lipstick in Shard (available here)
3. Manic Panic Lipstick in Black Rose (available here) EXCLUSIVE!
Tone It Down:
- Dab the red-based colour of your choice onto your lips with your finger, add lashings of lip balm, pad with a tissue and repeat if you want a subtler stain
- Play up your nails with burgundy or red instead - I am having a deep, Diorific love affair with Dior Galaxe...ah the shimmer, the romanticism!
- Go for white nails with a burgundy eyeliner - loving the Kate Moss-approved "Brit Manicure" white nail varnish in Porcelain
1. and 2. Dior Vernis in Destin and Galaxie (available here)
3. Rimmel Porcelain (available here)
4. Revlon ColorStay in Trendsetter (available here)
5. Dior Lip Pencil in Abricotine (available here)