So here's how you can...
Vamp It Up:
- Exfoliate the lips (a high-voltage lip colour on flaky lips? Ew) using a gentle toothbrush and apply lip liner (I like a paler colour to enhance my natural lip line...Dior Abricot is ideal)
- Apply the dark lip colour of your choice (loving Manic Panic Black Rose...no wonder this brand is a cult favourite!)
- Pad with a tissue and re-apply. This is for staying power!
- Go with a cat's eye if you dare - liquid eyeliner is your friend, but avoid blusher and bronzer - your lips are statement enough!
- Add dark nails if you're going for the full dark angel look, or opt for a flattering but less vampish statement with a cool, taupey metallic like Dior Destin (yes, loving it.)
Tone It Down:
- Dab the red-based colour of your choice onto your lips with your finger, add lashings of lip balm, pad with a tissue and repeat if you want a subtler stain
- Play up your nails with burgundy or red instead - I am having a deep, Diorific love affair with Dior Galaxe...ah the shimmer, the romanticism!
- Go for white nails with a burgundy eyeliner - loving the Kate Moss-approved "Brit Manicure" white nail varnish in Porcelain