- Start with your heels hip-distance apart
- Stretch your hands overhead to the ceiling and look up
- Take a big breath in through the nose
- Purse your lips, exhale through the mouth and reach out of the hips to fold forward
- Imagine your whole spine extending and surrender the tension in your neck and jaw
- Hold for 15 - 30 seconds
- Breathe in through the nose
- Purse your lips to exhale as you brace your abdominal muscles and roll up to standing
Saturday, 30 November 2013
One Stretch To Do Today!
If you do no other stretch today, at least get in a forward fold. This will alleviate tightness and tension in your hamstrings, back, gluteal muscles and neck.
As with all things, the more practice you do, the easier this will become. If you can't touch your toes today, you might find that after a week of doing this daily, it happens!
Now that the vegan lifestyle is no longer identified with kale-socks-and-sandals and anaemic hippies, there’s a growing curiosity and ...
Just like drinking milk from the carton or wearing your pyjama pants to the supermarket, dandruff is one of those things we just don’t l...
I know many of you get pain through the wrists during yoga, pilates, balance, core and TRX or circuit training. I've done my research an...
I occasionally still have an episode of binge eating when the perfect storm of situation, emotions, tiredness and opportunity come togethe...